Welcome to Hyundai Kia Forums!

Go Back   Hyundai Kia Forums > Hyundai Forums > Hyundai Luxury Sedan Forums > Hyundai Azera Forum

Notices

Hyundai Azera Forum Forum for discussions regarding the Hyundai Azera

Hyundai and Kia Forum: Unintended car acceleration gas pedal trapped by floormat Hyundai Azera--is scary!!?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:40 PM

Default Unintended car acceleration gas pedal trapped by floormat Hyundai Azera--is scary!!?

I overlooked stories about unintended acceleration by stuck gas pedals especially Toyota until it happened to me several times on two 2009 Hyundai Azeras(1 standard and 1 Limited). First time First time on freeway in traffic at almost 70 MPH after moving the foot off the brake to the accelerator. The vehicle suddenly started accelerating and there was traffic around and I hit the brake hard but the force was barely enough to get the vehicle to 60 and still fighting the brakes. I used my bodyweight to hold the pedal down and steered the vehicle to the right shoulder and took a personal speed record exit then wrestled the car to a stop. It happened fast and I didn't remember the ebrake but it wouldn't matter too much when full force braking was barely worked. Third time I figured out it was the floormat after the same thing happened on another Azera yet no such thing ever happened to me on any car. I removed the floormat and the problem disappeared for many months until I forgot to 'remove it' after a service call and that was today!
Anyone else had the problem on a Hyundai? This type of thing can easily cause unimaginable harm.
U got me on the neutral...lol..well second time round I downshifted and helped slowing down if that helps...ouchhh!!

Old 03-26-2011, 10:41 PM

Take it to the dealer, ...
Old 03-26-2011, 10:41 PM

I would sell that car immediately and buy a newer model that is equipped with a neutral gear.