Welcome to Hyundai Kia Forums!

Go Back   Hyundai Kia Forums > Hyundai Forums > Hyundai Sports Car Forums > Hyundai Genesis Coupe Forum

Hyundai Genesis Coupe Forum Forum for discussions regarding the Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Hyundai and Kia Forum: What are the pros and cons of a hyundai genesis coupe?

Old 02-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Default What are the pros and cons of a hyundai genesis coupe?

I'm sixteen. I've been considering this car for a while, but I have only test driven it once or twice. I'm obviously not very knowledgeable about cars so I want to hear from someone who has this car or who knows a lot about cars, what problems might I have with it? Will it last a long time? Do you think it gets good gas mileage, is it too expensive, is it fast, does it have a lot of room, is it luxurious and etc. Is there another car that you would recommend to me? I'm not looking for a sports car, I want a safe car that is practical and that looks nice also. Thanks :-)

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/genesis-coupe/

Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Pros:It's a car
Cons:It's a hyundai. might as well take your feet for a spin
Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Its a good car but has many faults and there are better cars out there for a lower price.
Firstly Hyundai's tend to not have great reliability records and they are known for occasional small problems, these can be easily and cheaply sorted but can always get in the way. Whilst the car looks okay the drive is not fantastic and the chassis (core, main body) is poorly made and will not keep you as safe as some other cars in an accident. It has a 3.5* safety rating.
It has a reasonable fuel usage but again its not anything special.

I would recommend Toyota, Honda and Nissan for practical, cheap, reliable, safe, spacious and all round good cars.

Of course, you don't have to pay attention to anything i've written as i'm sure its more to do with your taste and what you want but this is just what i would recommend as a car enthusiast and car magazine editor.

Hope this helps