Welcome to Hyundai Kia Forums!

Go Back   Hyundai Kia Forums > Kia Forums > Kia Minivan / Crossover / SUV Forums > Kia Sorento Forum

Kia Sorento Forum Forum for discussions regarding the Kia Sorento

Hyundai and Kia Forum: Should I get a Kia Sorento?

Old 07-15-2011, 07:53 PM

Default Should I get a Kia Sorento?

I'm getting a new car and was thinking about getting a kia sorento. Does anybody know anything about it...is it a good choice? Is it safe? thank you

Old 07-15-2011, 07:54 PM

Kia has improved quite a bit after Hyundai bought them and began sharing their technology.

But I would rather buy the Honda CR-V or Pilot because they are the best in their class. Only way I'd buy a Kia is if it's thousands less than Honda.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:56 PM

these are korean cars, they are not very good, and I have heard many complaints about them over the years. Here is a website carcomplaints.com check and see what people are saying about thier kia Also Edmunds.com is a web site that has many links to new and used cars, and you can do some research and find articles on the kia hopeflully , including magazine articles sometimes, as well as links to kia forums and possibly even some consumer comments. take your time explore the different links, Honda, toyota, nissan and subaru all have a lot better cars than kia, what ever you pick, make sure its not on carcomplaints worst cars list.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:58 PM

Never owned one, but I'm familiar with them, and even the older ones were VERY good lil SUVs, if I needed an SUV it would be either that or a Ford Escape. Kia just packs so much stuff in them for a lower price than most others. And they're just as good now as anything from Japan's big 3. But honestly, I'd actually go for the last generation, seems they just looked better and they were more rugged than these new city lookin Kias.

And uh...for Roger, I've never once heard anyone complain about their '06+ Kia...why ya think they have a 10 year warranty? I rented an '07 Kia Optima and it was as good as any Camry out there...
Old 08-20-2011, 07:01 PM

Default 2012 Sorento SX V6 FWD Titanium Silver with Black Dove Leather

We bought a new SX and couldn't be happier. After extensive comparisons and online research...it was the only reasonable CUV for us. Truly unequaled for the money in my opinion.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
these are korean cars, they are not very good, and I have heard many complaints about them over the years. Here is a website carcomplaints.com check and see what people are saying about thier kia Also Edmunds.com is a web site that has many links to new and used cars, and you can do some research and find articles on the kia hopeflully , including magazine articles sometimes, as well as links to kia forums and possibly even some consumer comments. take your time explore the different links, Honda, toyota, nissan and subaru all have a lot better cars than kia, what ever you pick, make sure its not on carcomplaints worst cars list.
How do other Kia production years compare?

"The Kia Sorento has a total of 14 complaints and counting! We don't have a lot of complaints on file for the Kia Sorento (although feel free to add yours here) -- it's either not very popular ... or it's very, very good. The worst model year is the 2003 Kia Sorento, & the most-reported problem is 2 complaints also with the 2003 Sorento for coolant reservoir cracked." This quote from your cited website. Also edmunds.com has selected the Sorento the best in class.