Welcome to Hyundai Kia Forums!

Go Back   Hyundai Kia Forums > Hyundai Forums > Hyundai Sports Car Forums > Hyundai Genesis Coupe Forum

Hyundai Genesis Coupe Forum Forum for discussions regarding the Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Hyundai and Kia Forum: A Genesis Coupe or Tucson?

Old 07-06-2011, 09:33 AM

Default A Genesis Coupe or Tucson?

hey There !
I am 23 years old, living in Montreal, Canada, and just graduated from university, and am getting a new car and i can't choose between two cars, so hopefully you can help me out !

First choice: 2011 Hyundai Tucson GL
My mum owns one and i have driven it for a good 600 KM, so i know how comfortable it is thanks to its ride height and it is extremely practical.

Second Choice ... the 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T With Premium Package
Very nice looking car and am sure it performs well for its price , but am not sure if rear wheel drive would be problematic in Canadian winters, and secondly ... i don't think that my friends would appreciate the back seat either and no one would want to come with me for a long drive especially that i currently have a coupe ...

Price-wise, Genesis coupe is slightly more expensive.

Please let me know what do you think and I would like that you mention if you are an owner or know an owner before replying, thanks a lot.
Note: I did with my mum's car 600 Kilometers, just to let you know

Mums is nearly worn out since it has been driven over 600km so think about trading it in. Get a nice new Ford.

i've got a 2011 Gcoupe 2.0T base, manual, but i've tested the auto too, and that's good as well. It's an extremely fun car to drive. I haven't taken it through a winter yet, but I hear it's fine if you throw on some winter tires. It's got some low ground clearance so it won't go anywhere in deep snow, but for a few inches, no problem from what I hear.

Your right with the headroom in the back, but it's a coupe. Anyone under 5'5" is ok, but taller than that and your head will be up against the glass. If you dont take people around a lot, it's totally worth it though. Regardless of the headspace, your friends will love your car anyways, mine do! It's not the fastest car, but for a daily driver, it rocks...makes cars like Mazda 3's, civics, blah blah...feel just boring.

I'm not a fan of SUV's but for winters, they do perform well. I guess it all depends on your driving habits, how much snow you get, etc.

Regardless of what you get, Hyundai has awesome warrantees, and they are a lot better than they used to be.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:31 AM

As a love sport cars.i would go for the genesis coupe.its so great looking car.

[url=http://www.google.com]Wheels For BMW[/url]
Old 02-21-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
hey There !
I am 23 years old, living in Montreal, Canada, and just graduated from university, and am getting a new car and i can't choose between two cars, so hopefully you can help me out !

First choice: 2011 Hyundai Tucson GL
My mum owns one and i have driven it for a good 600 KM, so i know how comfortable it is thanks to its ride height and it is extremely practical.

Second Choice ... the 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T With Premium Package
Very nice looking car and am sure it performs well for its price , but am not sure if rear wheel drive would be problematic in Canadian winters, and secondly ... i don't think that my friends would appreciate the back seat either and no one would want to come with me for a long drive especially that i currently have a coupe ...

Price-wise, Genesis coupe is slightly more expensive.

Please let me know what do you think and I would like that you mention if you are an owner or know an owner before replying, thanks a lot.
Note: I did with my mum's car 600 Kilometers, just to let you know
Old thread. SO did you buy it? If not, go with Genesis. It's expensive but worth every cent and you will feel it once you are get on the wheel.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 AM

Ofcourse genesis coupe. I drive one for about 2 years and i can say only good things about it. Just wonderfull car.